Today, 1 billion people live in extreme poverty. Poverty continues to be a major challenge for Kenya: in rural areas, the poverty rate is close to 50%.
When poverty lingers, community issues compound and every part of life becomes harder. Being born into poverty means the odds are stacked against you.
People born into poverty often struggle desperately to get a good education, find work that supports their family, and secure enough nutritious food and clean water to stay healthy. Communities in poverty lack resources to fight the spread of HIV/AIDS, the social patterns of despair and abuse, and the hopeless environment which creates radicalization.
I’m telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.
For Christians responding to the Gospel, poverty and its corollary injustices are central issues.
Family Empowerment Ministries Kenya is addressing these challenges by providing training, mentoring, scalable business development, and spiritual care to families in Kenya.
Our work is focused in three main areas.
Agricultural Training and Development
- Agricultural farming with environmentally responsible and sustainable techniques through a perspective on the earth as God’s creation
- Scalable garden farming to produce food for feeding a family, marketing excess produce locally, and expansion to wholesale distribution in country and internationally
- Animal husbandry, including rabbit, poultry, and egg production, plus livestock and dairy production with goats and cows
Wholesale/resale Market Development
- Community market selling in retail settings
- Community cooperative development for wholesale sales and delivery to larger retail markets
- Cooperative expansion to sell through international market brokers
Skill Training and Small Business Development
- Barber training and barbershop start-up business development
- Skilled training for small business through partnering with local trades like tailoring, construction, and vehicle maintenance
Partner with Us!
We need your help to empower families to rise from poverty. There are many ways for you to contribute!
Start-up and ongoing financial support
As an emerging ministry, we are looking for financial partners to help us grow to serve more families
Large Project Support
Help launch one of our major special projects, including: demonstration farm land, vehicle purchase, farm house building center, and a barber training school
Roll up your sleeves!
We love for you to join us in person. Come to Kenya to help with our work projects!
We'd love to hear from you!
Get in touch with us to learn more about how you can help transform families in Kenya
Family Empowerment Ministries Kenya is an organization launched by Equipping Global Leaders, Inc., a 501(c)3 tax exempt, nonprofit corporation. Your donations are tax deductible. All donations are used to further our tax exempt purpose.